Saturday, November 21, 2020

Previously Published in EgoPHobia . . .


I Happened

upon a squirrel in quiet
contemplation of his universe.
Yard and tree holding
limitless possibilities, a fascination
I know all too well.  My breathing
must have disrupted his concentration.
Tiny furred head cocked my way
for a moment, tilted
in adjustive comprehension, returned
to original point of focus.  I 
was already assimilated as background,
temporary noise, disregarded.
I envied this rapid-fire assessment,
yearned for the ability to decipher
trivial trash from true treasure, imagined,
for a moment, it was my paws
poised in prepatory flight, yet standing
frozen and fearless, in appreciative awe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...