Thursday, November 19, 2020

Previously Published on Cyclamens and Swords . . .

With Birds

of prey pecking at my window: raven, hawk, 
eagle. I recognize the progression of aggression
trying to draw me over the pane.  Dividing us, 
fragile panels of vision.  Invisible
obstruction allows ocular connection.
I discover my own
desire staring back from feathered masque.  I lean
close, press my nose to mirror beak.
Cursory staredown.
Neither blinks, neither can.  At midnight
we both break, scream and caw, greet the hour
of fabled tales before the beast retreats
into the dark.  I calm
my breath and wait for the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...