Monday, February 12, 2018

Previously Published in Our Day's Encounter . . .




            VII

I buried myself
up to my chin.
In the hollow flesh
of men
who were all-too-happy
to sacrifice
for cause.
Then I colored my hair
with their eyes.
And my lips,
well, I believe they speak
for themselves.
Still I lacked the heat
to hold your attention.
So I left you my scars.
But I never realized
they formed a map.
Too late.
I followed you instead.
Deeper.
               Deeper.
Until I could not breathe.
For anything.
But the pulse
of your blood.




(https://adaysencounter.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/vll/)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...