Friday, February 16, 2018

Previously Published on Big River Poetry Review . . .



I Am Two

halves of the same black
hole.  Tearing at my own skin,
the first dreams of being
a star, wishes for a radiant side
to project outward.  To breathe
in continuum, stretch myself
across a millennium of light years.

The other piece is cold,
reticent, prefers the somber
solace of absence, believes
emptiness is universal.
Echoing nothing is a talent
I have honed like a smile. 
Without teeth, I devour my own
tomorrow, grateful
the gift of darkness is eternal
and does not give a damn
how loud any clock ticks.




(http://www.bigriverpoetry.com/index.html)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...