Monday, February 12, 2018

Previously Published in Ekphrastia Gone Wild (Ain't Got No Press) . . .



I Am Rhinoceros

     Inspired by The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dali, 1931 and Rhinoceros Dressed in
     Lace, Salvador Dali, 1956

in lace dress, shredded, blowing
(it was a bitch to get it
over my horns).  In desperately dull
desert winds, I wander and wonder
What is the point?  This menial existence
rains existential chaos, holds no cosmic
meaning, only occasional comedic value.
Droll backroom chitters, the fire that fuels
me, I thrust forward, onward
over/under/through ever-
elongating hands
                             dripping time,
an interesting shade of disharmony, to paint
my toes.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...