Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Previously Published on The Broken City . . .




If De-Elevator Tries to Break You Down

Plug in2 the electric word:  Life.  It means forever,
and that’s a mighty long time to be someone
else’s shell/shadow/strung-out puppet.  Mister,
I have my own hand to shove up some anonymous . . . ask
me where I’m going and I’ll show you a place you’ll never see.
I am a diamond-studded time machine.  Going down? 
Too bad, I’m flying with the purple banana and have no desire
to learn how to drive a truck.  That’s why they call me Dr.
Everything’ll Be Alright.  My medicine is in the wind
and the wine.  It tastes like water if you push B for basement,
but lands you in the back seat of a little red corvette, going up
at a speed that does not know sound is supposed to have a barrier.



*Inspired by “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince,  Purple Rain, 1984.





(http://www.thebrokencitymag.com/)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...