Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Previously Published in Amulet . . .



Saw the Fly

Flying space spiders spawn.  Round webs
of cosmic time hang:  suspension in/is nowhere.
What a magical construct
catching forecasts, feathers, and fey – all the fantastical
elements needed to focus this fictionalized reality.

The third eye closes.

From this distance, it is the globe that spans;
not the perspective that spins.  I worry
my fingers into wishes  (as if either actually exist),
and fill my basket with remnants
of stars.  They burn me,
myself, and I [think themselves too] out
until everything glows gray with [dis/mis]use.

Listen as the secular seconds float off
in a final[ized?] vision of the fluctuating orders
of phoenixed ash.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Published in Epigraph . . .

To Spin Or Not To Spin Static transporter taunts me infinitely across a room of mirrors, reminders of necessity.  Cold motivators of perpetu...